1. Initial consultation: We assess the potential for development of your property or a property you intend to purchase. At this stage we aim to get the best understanding of your requirements and aspirations for the project, so we can implement it in our initial design. The consultation is usually done in a meeting on site with the client, after which we will provide a detailed scope of the development possibilities.
2. Architectural survey of the property: This service includes photographs and detailed measurements on site for the digitalization of plans, elevations and sections of your property. This stage is a key element for having accurate information of the existing building or site.
3. Draft design: This stage typically includes one or more design options in the form of plans, elevations, sections and, if necessary, perspectives and 3D images. Meetings with the client are also included on this stage to further improve the initial proposal.
4. Submission of Planning Application: Most developments require the submission of a Planning Application to the Local Authority. Once a scheme of development for your property is agreed, we provide a comprehensive planning service which includes:
- Pre application consultation with the Local Authority (if necessary).
- Consultation with neighbours / residents (if necessary).
- Submission of all types of planning applications.
- Close monitoring of the planning process to ensure the highest chances of success.
We also provide the following related services:
- Application for Discharge of Planning Conditions: Most Planning Permissions include a list of conditions that need to be discharged prior to starting construction works.
- Application for Certificate of Lawfulness: For developments originally built without a full Planning Permission.
- Lease plans: If Lease plans are required we could conduct a quick survey and provide plans shortly afterwards.
5. Submission of Building Control Application: Whether a development required a Planning Permission or not, the vast majority of developments would require the submission of a Building Control Application to ensure compliance with current Health & Safety and Building Regulations during construction. As with planning applications, we not only submit the Building Control Application but also monitor its progress with the Local Authority, providing any necessary additional information to ensure a Certificate of Completion is issued upon completion of works.
6. Liaison with other professionals: Consultants may be required for the complete design and construction of a particular project. Such professionals may include:
- Structural Engineers
- Acoustic Consultants
- Energy Consultants
- Party Wall Surveyors
- Mechanical & Electrical Consultants
- Landscape Designers
- Project Managers
- CDM Coordinators
- Conservation Specialists
7. Tender stage: This service includes the preparation of a full package of information a Contractor would require to price and build a project. It is the most detailed stage of the entire process and would require the client’s input with regards to budget, timeframe, preferences, finishes and materials to be taken into consideration. During the preparation of the Tender package we liaise with other nominated professionals to ensure they provide their designs and specifications on time. The final package provided to Contractors includes:
- Detailed architectural drawings
- Specifications / Schedule of Works
- Tender forms
- Pricing Schedule
- Consultants’ tender documentation: Structural, Acoustic, Landscape, Energy, Mechanical & Electrical, Conservation, CDM specifications (as required)
Following the reception of quotations within a pre-established timeframe, we prepare a tender analysis and report to help the client decide which Contractor to appoint. Our focus is to provide the best advice and assist the client throughout the entire process, all to bring the project from conception to reality.